- By Inheritance
- Hide All
- Show All
- package compression
- final class ProvideSomeLayerStreamPartiallyApplied[R0, -R, +E, +O] extends AnyVal
- type Sink[+OutErr, -In, +L, +Z] = ZSink[Any, OutErr, In, L, Z]
- type Stream[+E, +A] = ZStream[Any, E, A]
- trait SubscriptionRef[A] extends Synchronized[A]
Refthat can be subscribed to in order to receive the current value as well as all changes to the value.
- final case class Take[+E, +A](exit: Exit[Option[E], Chunk[A]]) extends AnyVal with Product with Serializable
Take[E, A]represents a single
takefrom a queue modeling a stream of values.
Take[E, A]represents a single
takefrom a queue modeling a stream of values. A
Takemay be a failure cause
Cause[E], an chunk value
Aor an end-of-stream marker.
- type UStream[+A] = ZStream[Any, Nothing, A]
- sealed trait ZChannel[-Env, -InErr, -InElem, -InDone, +OutErr, +OutElem, +OutDone] extends AnyRef
ZChannel[Env, InErr, InElem, InDone, OutErr, OutElem, OutDone]is a nexus of I/O operations, which supports both reading and writing.
ZChannel[Env, InErr, InElem, InDone, OutErr, OutElem, OutDone]is a nexus of I/O operations, which supports both reading and writing. A channel may read values of type
InElemor process upstream failures of type
InErr, while it may write values of type
OutElem. When the channel finishes, it yields a value of type
OutDone. A channel may fail with a value of type
Channels are the foundation of ZIO Streams: both streams and sinks are built on channels. Most users shouldn't have to use channels directly, as streams and sinks are much more convenient and cover all common use cases. However, when adding new stream and sink operators, or doing something highly specialized, it may be useful to use channels directly.
Channels compose in a variety of ways:
- Piping. One channel can be piped to another channel, assuming the input type of the second is the same as the output type of the first.
- Sequencing. The terminal value of one channel can be used to create another channel, and both the first channel and the function that makes the second channel can be composed into a channel.
- Concating. The output of one channel can be used to create other channels, which are all concatenated together. The first channel and the function that makes the other channels can be composed into a channel.
- final class ZPipeline[-Env, +Err, -In, +Out] extends AnyRef
ZPipeline[Env, Err, In, Out]is a polymorphic stream transformer.
ZPipeline[Env, Err, In, Out]is a polymorphic stream transformer. Pipelines accept a stream as input, and return the transformed stream as output.
Pipelines can be thought of as a recipe for calling a bunch of methods on a source stream, to yield a new (transformed) stream. A nice mental model is the following type alias:
type ZPipeline[Env, Err, In, Out] = ZStream[Env, Err, In] => ZStream[Env, Err, Out]
This encoding of a pipeline with a type alias is not used because it does not infer well. In its place, this trait captures the polymorphism inherent to many pipelines, which can therefore be more flexible about the environment and error types of the streams they transform.
There is no fundamental requirement for pipelines to exist, because everything pipelines do can be done directly on a stream. However, because pipelines separate the stream transformation from the source stream itself, it becomes possible to abstract over stream transformations at the level of values, creating, storing, and passing around reusable transformation pipelines that can be applied to many different streams.
The most common way to create a pipeline is to convert a sink into a pipeline (in general, transforming elements of a stream requires the power of a sink). However, the companion object has lots of other pipeline constructors based on the methods of stream.
- final class ZSink[-R, +E, -In, +L, +Z] extends AnyVal
- final class ZStream[-R, +E, +A] extends AnyRef
- trait ZStreamAspect[+LowerR, -UpperR, +LowerE, -UpperE, +LowerA, -UpperA] extends AnyRef
- case object BuildInfo extends Product with Serializable
This object was generated by sbt-buildinfo.
- object SubscriptionRef extends Serializable
- object Take extends Serializable
- object ZChannel
- object ZPipeline extends ZPipelinePlatformSpecificConstructors
- object ZSink extends ZSinkPlatformSpecificConstructors
- object ZStream extends ZStreamPlatformSpecificConstructors
- object ZStreamAspect